[Gllug] Dealing with "Word-Only" organisations

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Fri Nov 5 16:02:14 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 05, 2010 at 03:48:15PM +0000, Rich Walker wrote:

> Was that their "Feasibility Studies" where they didn't have to provide
> feedback?

Yes. Lots of govt orgs are like that. I remember years ago going in for a
SMART award ... they did not give feedback, I said that all that I wanted was 50 words
to know if I was in the right ballpark/.... they refused.

I remember one how-to-win meeting that I went to where they had someone, who had
won a previous competition, saying what to do. At one point he said that his
entry came to 9 pages, the rules said something about 10 pages - so he increased
the point side ... the DTI people seemed to think that that sort of thing was good :-(

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk