[Gllug] Dealing with "Word-Only" organisations

Dan Kolb gllug at eco.li
Fri Nov 5 13:21:21 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 05, 2010 at 01:03:20PM +0000, Jason Clifford wrote:

> Take a simpler approach - "I do not have MS Word. I'm not interested in
> buying MS Word or MS Office. Your document/form cannot be opened and/or
> edited except in MS Word. Please supply a copy in RTF format".
>
> If they have Word they can certainly output documents in RTF.

...which doesn't always help. I've received RTF files I can open fine in Word,
and come up as blank in OpenOffice.

(and yes, they look like RTF files if I cat them; they're not .doc files with a
different extension).

Dan

--
Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it.
		-- Woody Allen
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk