[Gllug] Apache update failing in Ubuntu 10.04

general_email at technicalbloke.com general_email at technicalbloke.com
Mon Oct 11 01:10:05 UTC 2010

On 11/10/10 01:26, Steve Parker wrote:
> On 11/10/10 01:18, general_email at technicalbloke.com wrote:
>
>> ERROR: Module reqtimeout does not exist!
>>
> That would seem to be the problem;
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apache2/+bug/562370 suggests :
>     "sudo a2dismod reqtimeout"

Thanks Steve,

Turns out that didn't work as the retimeout.so wasn't installed in the
firstplace, it did lead me to another launchpad bug (in dpkg allegedly)
which would explain it.

The solution on offer seems a bit heavy handed though...

sudo dpkg --purge --force-remove-reinstreq apache2.2-common

followed by a reinstall of apache.

Am I right in thinking that the above command would delete all my hard
crafted apache config files? NAturally I can just back these up but if
the problem is caused by something in the config files wouldn't it just
reappear when I restored them? Not sure how to proceed, think I'll call
it a night and sleep on it!

Cheers,

Roger.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk