[Gllug] A linux printer ?

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Oct 5 19:39:54 UTC 2010

On 4 Oct 2010, Tethys stated:

> Nix writes:
>>My cheap mono Samsung laser (ML-2250) works fine as well, as long as you
>>ignore their bloody awful binary-only driver (32-bit, excellent producer
>>of core dumps but not printed output) and just use pxlmono like any
>>other PCL printer.
>
> Ewww... Samsung make some real (i.e. PostScript) printers that work
> perfectly with Linux. I'd go for an ML-2855ND. A proper PostScript
> laser printer, with duplex printing, networked, and all for under a
> hundred quid.

And compatible with open source drivers, not only Samsung's crashy crud?

Also, I'm not sure if it cost under a hundred quid five years ago.

(But, yes, I made the neophyte mistake of believing the box the printer
came in, which claimed it could do duplex. It turned out the shop had
put the box for a different printer around this one. Thanks, guys.)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk