[Gllug] Flash on RedHat Linux

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 18:34:41 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 7:22 PM, Martin A. Brooks
<martin at hinterlands.org> wrote:

> Ubuntu is my distro du jour for desktops.  Enough debian to make updating
> sane, enough sugar to make dealing with whacky hardware painless.

...and not remotely viable for the sort of people that want paid
support. Which is the point I was trying to make. Yes, Canonical now
offer support for Ubuntu, but it's not even close to being comparable
to the offerings from Red Hat and Novell, and will be viewed with
distrust by enterprise customers until it's matured a bit.

Oh, and of course Ubuntu is annoyingly broken in many ways. This
morning I found out that they changed glibc to incorrectly uppercase
an eszett. Grrr.

Tet

--
“It seems intuitively obvious to me, which means that it might be
wrong.” -- Chris Torek
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk