[Gllug] Ubuntu Maverick upgrade

indigojo@blogistan.co.uk indigojo at blogistan.co.uk
Wed Oct 20 16:16:04 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

Has anyone using Ubuntu Maverick and who did the routine upgrade in the last couple of days found that it's caused serious problems, including deleting or failing to detect GNOME settings, including their widget stylings and power daemon configurations? My laptop now hangs while "checking battery state", GDM doesn't display right (the user selector doesn't always appear at all), and I get an alert telling me the power configurations aren't installed correctly and to contact my administrator.

I also have a 64-bit Dell desktop machine which I haven't run the update on yet. I have filed a bug report on Launchpad but would like to know if anyone else is having similar problems.

Matt Smith

--

http://www.blogistan.co.UK/qt

Sent from my HTC