[Gllug] A linux printer ?

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Oct 5 19:36:50 UTC 2010

On 5 Oct 2010, Alain Williams spake thusly:
> I also use mutt and read text by preference, but because some pains
> (who prob don't know better) just send html email (or a text equivalent which
> is not equivalent) I have in my .muttrc:
>
> 	# Suggested by Rev Simon Rumble
> 	auto_view text/html
> 	alternative_order text/plain text/html
>
> and in my .mailcap:
>
> 	# This stops the following of links to who knows where:
> 	text/html; lynx -force_html -dump %s ; copiousoutput

I use this Gnus variant, which uses w3m as the render, via emacs-w3m:

(setq mm-discouraged-alternatives '("text/html") ; We *hates* HTML, we does
      mm-inline-large-images t                   ; All the clothes fit!
      mm-text-html-renderer 'w3m                 ; A decent web browser...
      mm-inline-text-html-with-w3m-keymap nil    ; ... but not its keybindings
      message-default-charset 'iso-8859-1)       ; Don't nag us about charsets
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk