[Gllug] OT: Mains electricity colour coding.

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Tue Oct 26 21:38:49 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 26 Oct 2010, t.clarke wrote:
> I suppose through which bit of you 30mA at 230V goes makes a big
> difference! Reminds me, incidentally, of the old saw:
> "Its volts that jolts, bit mills that kills"
>
> Tim

Indeed - we taught theatre technicians to touch lanterns and lighting rigs
with their right hands only - and never both hands on separate units - so any
potential shock would pass to ground on the right side and not cross the
chest.

--
" '... but there is so much else behind what I say. It makes itself known to
me so slowly, so incompletely! ...' "
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk