[Gllug] Ubuntu Maverick upgrade

Matthew Smith indigojo at blogistan.co.uk
Wed Oct 20 18:23:18 UTC 2010

On 20/10/10 19:18, Christopher Hunter wrote:

> Ubuntu still haven't quite got the update routine right.  Updating is
> (at best) risky.  I did a complete reinstall, having backed /home up to
> another drive first.  This is slightly more hassle, but is guaranteed to
> work!

That's actually how I do my upgrades as well - this was, actually, the
only time recently that I've done an APT-based distribution upgrade, and
it worked fine until this afternoon.  I've been using Maverick on my
main computer since it was in beta.

This was a routine system update, not a distribution upgrade, and I need
to know whether to do this latest update on my main computer or wait
until any bugs have been fixed.

Matt

--

http://www.blogistan.co.uk/qt/