[Gllug] Assistance with arguments to use Linux!

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Fri Sep 3 07:50:41 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 03, 2010 at 08:23:41AM +0100, Benjamin Donnachie wrote:
> On 3 Sep 2010, at 03:08, David L Neil <GLLUG at GetAroundToIt.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > You say "management" rather than IT.
>
> I wish they would leave IT to the techies

It used to be more like that[**] because management did not understand anything
about the technology, just what it gave them. Now management thinks that they
understand technology and what they know is MS Windows - so that is the only
solution that they can conceive. Getting Linux onto the desktop will help.

[**] with the exception of MDs talking to their mates on the golf course,
which is why the best sales people play golf.

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk