[Gllug] Outlook exchange alternatives

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Wed Sep 8 14:26:42 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-08 at 14:29 +0100, John Hearns wrote:
> As a for instance this morning, I wasn't able to use my normal Windows
> laptop for some reason, so used a Linux desktop and Evolution. It is
> like pulling teeth - Inbox updates take ages, and it frequently 'loses
> communication with the Evolution backend processes' - ie essentially
> becomes useless.

That's very different from my experience.

I have evolution here as my mail client, connecting to several different
IMAP services and syncing contact and calendar data with Google. It does
"just work" for me and is very stable. It's not crashed on me in years.

I'm running Evolution 2.28.1 on Ubuntu 9.10. It's running on fairly crap
hardware too.

I would still not suggest it as a workable replacement for Outlook in a
MS based environment though.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk