[Gllug] Outlook exchange alternatives

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 8 15:24:11 UTC 2010

On 8 September 2010 15:41, Alain Williams <addw at phcomp.co.uk> wrote:

> This has been a huge problem for years, not really properly addressed. It is a shame since it would
> help speed Linux desktop adoption. Would need a sugar daddy, much of it is almost there, just
> a few things missing. The main problem is an open implementation of the MAPI protocol,

Yes indeed.
Evolution depends on connecting to the Outlook Web Exchange page - ie.
it uses Webmail to get your email!

And don;t even get me started on accessing Outlook Web Exchange with
Firefox (ro any now-Outlook browser) - it is delibreately crippled,
as I found once to my detriment (the contacts search function is disabled).
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk