[Gllug] External display on Laptop.

James Courtier-Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 08:47:34 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am trying to get output on an external display such as a TV with a
VGA input or a overhead projector.
If I am already in X, it will not detect the new display connected no
matter what I try and do in the ubuntu gnome display config screens.
If I instead power off the laptop, and boot up with the display
plugged in, it does detect the display and then the ubuntu gnome
display config screens work as expected.

Is there a fix for this problem.
The graphics card on the laptop is the "Integrated Graphics Chipset:
Intel(R) GM45" that uses the i915 kernel module.

Kind Regards

James
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk