[Gllug] Xmodmap Help

James Hawtin oolon at ankh.org
Thu Sep 23 12:04:40 UTC 2010

Ok I really don't get it, I read that web page and I don't get it!
What is wrong with the letter "k", if you have a problem with a font, change
the K for a shape you do like. Do not replace it, with a completely
different letter, that is just mad and it means everyone reading you
messages will be annoyed.

I do not see what is wrong with "k", may fonts do it differently and that is
great, however King is spelt "K I N G" not "BLOB I N G". What you are doing
is mess up every spelling correction program word processing, and email,
etc. You don't change a rendering of a font by stopping using the letter and
replacing it with "BLOB".

Religious/Spritual reasons? More like some don't like the way it looks, I
however think it is just fine as it is. In the same way I find no need to
to use "txt" speak in email.

James
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk