[Gllug] mobile broadband recommendations

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Sep 13 09:39:41 UTC 2010

Hi,

On 09/13/2010 09:30 AM, Ciarán Mooney wrote:
> Most dongles that are out there seem to work fine with Ubuntu and
> NetworkManager. I got the pay-as-you-go dongle from T-mobile. It

Most of the usb dongles made by huawei between 2007 and early 2010 will
work pretty much out of the box with any recent'ish linux distro ( say
with a >= 2.6.14 kernel ).

One thing worth keeping an eye out for are the ZTE made devices, quite a
few of those need a firmware blob loaded after the modeswitch is done.

- KB
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk