[Gllug] Xmodmap Help

John Edwards john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Thu Sep 23 22:18:29 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 10:50:27PM +0100, Nix wrote:
> On 22 Sep 2010, Tethys told this:
>> Krishna Birth writes:
>>> The reason for the shape change of the k / K to à¤. / à¤. (viewed via
>>> UTF8) is for spiritual reasons, http://Kalphabet.googlepages.com.
>>
>> Wow. That's your justification? A web page seemingly devoid of content
>> and certainly devoid of logic...
>
> Ten followups to this. Number of responses to his actual question? Er, one.

I suspect one is also the number of people who could read, understand
and have the knowledge to answer his question. As you mentioned
xmodmap is quite obscure these days, though my .xinitrc still contains
a bit of history from the last century:
	xmodmap -e "keycode 22  =  BackSpace osfBackSpace"

Personally I would have thought that if you don't like the way a K
looks on your computer you could just use a different font and let
other people view it however they like.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk