[Gllug] Outlook exchange alternatives

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 8 13:29:41 UTC 2010

On 8 September 2010 12:41, Andy Millar <andy at andymillar.co.uk> wrote:
>>  Are there any decent Outlook alternatives out there, preferably open? Compiling a list of options right now and happy to share it once complete. Essentially, the calendar is the main problem.
>
> Evolution "Just Works(tm)".

Andy, I beg to differ.
I have access to SLES 10 and Opensuse 11.2 systems - you have to have
the most recent Evolution packages installed that you can find on 11.2
for it to have a chance of working, I wouldn;t even try it on SLES 10.

As a for instance this morning, I wasn't able to use my normal Windows
laptop for some reason, so used a Linux desktop and Evolution. It is
like pulling teeth - Inbox updates take ages, and it frequently 'loses
communication with the Evolution backend processes' - ie essentially
becomes useless.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk