[Gllug] Outlook exchange alternatives

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 12:10:12 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 12:41 PM, Andy Millar <andy at andymillar.co.uk> wrote:

>>  Are there any decent Outlook alternatives out there, preferably open? Compiling a list of options right now and happy to share it once complete. Essentially, the calendar is the main problem.
>
> Evolution "Just Works(tm)".

Depends on the setting. If you're wanting a personal email app, then
it's probably fine. If you want to replace Outlook in an Exchange
shop, then it's not the right tool for the job (I'm not aware of any
Linux based alternatives for that -- I know that there's an Evolution
Exchange Connector, but from what I've heard it sits on top of OWA and
isn't a good replacement for native Outlook).

Tet

--
“It seems intuitively obvious to me, which means that it might be
wrong.” -- Chris Torek
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk