[Gllug] Garmin satnav and Linux.

Chris Bell chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
Sat Sep 18 15:18:16 UTC 2010

Hello,
   My sister has purchased a Garmin nuvi 1300 satnav but it does not know
where she is (the information keeps changing even when stationary), it is
still under warranty, but she has been told to upgrade the software and
included map. She does not have a computer. The www.garmin.com website lists
an upgrader that only works with selected M$ offerings or MAC, and only one
free map upgrade. I have never found a need for a satnav. Can anyone please
give advice? Are further map updates needed frequently, and are they
expensive? Thanks.

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk (was www.overview.demon.co.uk)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk