[Gllug] Assistance with arguments to use Linux!

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Thu Sep 2 16:22:12 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 05:01:59PM +0100, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
> On 2 September 2010 12:49, Benjamin Donnachie <benjamin at py-soft.co.uk> wrote:
> > On 2 September 2010 11:39, John Hearns <hearnsj at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >> Seriously - management will respond better to some bloke in a suit
> >> with laptop and Powerpoint.
> >
> > Excellent suggestion!  Though I think I'm actually making progress on
> > the security front!  Phew!  Must get some Linux in here somehow...
> >

> For security, use EAL4 certified configurations of Linux.
> Linux is used at GCHQ and the MOD. Just google "GCHQ Linux"
> http://www.gchq.gov.uk/about_us/technology.html

As well as the better security open source applications.
I have just had another moan at a supplier who wanted me to sign an approval
form ... it arrived as a .xls that had to be printed, signed, scanned, emailed.
I had previously given approval and signed the email with my PGP key.

I suspect that whatever MS based system they use does not handle PGP (RFC 4880)
and so as far as they are concerned is impossible to use.

Grrrr

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/