[Gllug] OT: Network connection for home to cloud backup

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Wed Sep 15 01:26:18 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-09-14 at 14:34 -0400, Andrew Farnsworth wrote:

> No, Comcast is not available in the UK but if they have access to
> Cable TV, they may have access to internet access via the cable TV
> company and it is usually faster than DSL, at least here in the USA.

In this country, all cable TV is run by Virgin (on the Ridiculous).
They are entirely clueless, and have lost customers at an astonishing
rate.

Here in Muswell Hill, we had >95% of households using Cable Camden.  It
then became Cable London, and the service deteriorated a bit.  It was
then taken over by Telewest ("Blueyonder") and service became almost
unusable.  Finally, Virgin took over and there are now <5% of the
households in this area connected through them!

C.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk