[Gllug] moving system from one disc to another

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Wed Sep 1 18:29:38 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 01, 2010 at 02:08:16PM +0000, James Hawtin wrote:
> I agree with /boot and / on real disk partitions having root on LVM can be a
> nightmare!

Not had a problem with root on LVM.  What are the issues you see?

On the general topic, *if* you can take both disks (source and target)
and plug them into a third machine, you can use virt-resize to do the
whole job.  Not that we've ever done anything like that, but it really
should work ...

http://libguestfs.org/virt-resize.1.html

Rich.

--