[Gllug] Outlook exchange alternatives

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Wed Sep 8 16:25:23 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-08 at 16:14 +0000, Andy Millar wrote:
> > MS software for team and communication management is not suitable for
> > any heterogeneous environment
>
> And this is where Zimbra works very well. Their web UI is fantastic fo
> the Linux users.
>
> It works well for Windows as well; but it is not an outlook replacement,
> and the outlook connector - frankly - sucks donkey gonads.

As MS software is unsuitable for a heterogeneous environment I'd assume
that Windows users will be given something else for a client or if you
are already using a web UI for other users that they would use the same
as everyone else.

The point being that where the environment is not all MS then the team
communications side of things cannot really have any MS in it if it's to
be a viable platform.

I think for a lot of companies Google Apps is a far better solution than
anything MS offers.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk