[Gllug] Small form factor backup machine

Philip Hands phil at hands.com
Tue Apr 5 11:42:20 UTC 2011

HP are doing a 100 UKP cashback deal on their Proliant microservers,
which means that if you're in a position to reclaim VAT you can get them
for about 80 quid, the offer supposedly ends April, but they've been
rolling the end date forward a month every month for a while.

Seems like a good deal -- they're supplied with a 250GB drive, with room
for 3 more apparently, and have a 1.3 GHz AMD Dual core.

I think I'll probably get one to replace the server under my stairs
(which is faster, but only single core, and the HP has ECC RAM it seems,
which is comforting) and another for at least one of my clients if
they're any good.

Cheers, Phil.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk