[Gllug] london hackspace news / Cheap 2nd hand rackmount servers

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sat Apr 2 11:36:17 UTC 2011

On 2 Apr 2011, John Edwards outgrape:

> On Sat, Apr 02, 2011 at 09:36:04AM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> <snip>
>> Which always makes me wonder .. why don't people build colos somewhere
>> where land and power are cheaper?
>
> Probably because getting reliable, high quality, low latency links
> to those locations is harder.

Also getting people who want to work in the middle of nowhere and have
the required skills is probably tricky.

 -- N., technically shouldn't be on this list anymore owing to cancelling
        his season ticket yesterday. Goodbye commuting, goodbye London,
        good to visit but not every day or even every month.

--
NULL && (void)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk