[Gllug] Phone scam?

Philip Hands phil at hands.com
Tue Apr 19 13:34:55 UTC 2011

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 14:00:59 +0100, Alain Williams <addw at phcomp.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 01:18:11PM +0100, Phil Hands wrote:
> > As I just suggested to my MP, I would like Ofcom to insist that the
>
> Hmmm: someone else who has complained to his MP about it; probably to be
> told that it is a difficult problem

He already replied -- saying that they were planning on doing something
about it.

I've followed up asking what that might be (given that all current
attempts have been pretty worthless).  I also pointed out that 17726
could perhaps be partly funded by the legit calling firms, by charging
them for live access to their complaints stats, so that they could tune
them to cause least offence on the fly.

I'll post a link if one is forthcoming.

Cheers, Phil.