[Gllug] Small form factor backup machine

Andy Millar andy at andymillar.co.uk
Tue Apr 5 10:02:26 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-04-05 at 10:30 +0100, Nix wrote:
> They're tinier than they look: half the 5501 case is empty space, ready
> for you to drop in a 3.5" minipci disk. More than one would overflow the
> case, and you'd need somewhere else to keep them.

They should, however, take a pair of 2.5" disks?

That said, I suspect you'll be far better off with something like a
Drobo (or the Netgear equivalent mentioned earlier).

http://linitx.com/viewproduct.php?prodid=12789

May also be a viable option; if you want to build something drobo-like
yourself.

Andy

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk