[Gllug] Phone scam?

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Tue Apr 19 15:31:19 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-04-19 at 11:59 +0100, sean wrote:

> many police forces are moving away from having police officers doing
> computer forensics work and are hiring civilian technical officers
> instead, mostly with a job spec that includes computer related degree.
> their abilities are a different discussion.

The jobs I saw advertised required the usual "MCSE" and other similarly
worthless "qualifications".  You may have seen a few more enlightened
Dibbles through your course, but I can assure you that the vast majority
still see computers as electronic typewriters, and have no interest
whatsoever in actually trying to do anything useful with them.

C.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk