[Gllug] Phone scam?

James Hawtin oolon at ankh.org
Fri Apr 15 13:10:28 UTC 2011

Simon Wilcox wrote:

> http://www.digitaltoast.co.uk/supportonclick-systemrecure-scam

My Aunt got caught out by supportonclick (who claimed to be from
microsoft and used a go.microsoft.com url to trick her) they also
setup a recuring debit on her credit card, her CC company Barclays
were very unhelpful and refused to refund her or even be much help
in canceling the mandate! She had to write to them to the scammer
to inform them she was canceling it etc!?!?!

The scammers triggered the antivirus software to lock down the internet,
I had to reinstall the machine to get it working again (and be sure
everything they did was gone).

James
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk