[Gllug] Fun with Xen (not!)

Henrik Morsing henrik at morsing.cc
Thu Aug 25 10:09:38 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 06:08:48PM +0100, Greg R. Smith wrote:
> look up xen multi bridging
>
> xen does some weird things with its bridges - you don't have to use
> xens built in bridging system, but when you don't other things go
> crazy.
>
> it took me a while to figure it out, but with very little
> documentation about it ~3 1/2 years ago, I managed to get it going.
>
> This link was around ->
> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenNetworking and was helpful..
> its one of the first google responses - so you may have seen it
>
> but its defs on the right track.
>
> if its xen 4.0, I am not 100% sure - it doesn't work as well.
>
> hope this helps.

Thanks, I'd read that link before but it doesn't really match my dad's set-up. The link doesn't mention a version though.

I think you're mis-understanding the problem though, I'm not trying to set anything up, it was working for six months, now it's not.

I spent eight hours yesterday with ping and tcpdump, and it makes no sense... It's not even consistent at what place in the chain it stops. I still think it's related to the bridge though.

I've tried enabling/disabling STP and I've now changed the bridge-nf-call settings to 0 but it's still not working :(

Thanks

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk