[Gllug] Forward of moderated message

general_email at technicalbloke.com general_email at technicalbloke.com
Sat Aug 27 01:12:15 UTC 2011

On 26/08/11 09:59, John G Walker wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 09:57:05 +0100 Andy Millar <andy at andymillar.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 2011-08-26 at 00:46 +0100, 'lesleyb' wrote:
>>> Obviously there is no Photoshop in Linux so she would have to learn
>>> about equivalent software in Ubuntu.
>> I'm told GIMP is pretty similar.
>>
>> Andy
>>
>> --
> GIMP is not similar, and, in any case, is nowhere near as sophisticated
> as Photoshop. The unavailability of Photoshop in Linux is one of the
> minus points,

Minus Points? Poppycock! I run Photoshop regularly in Wine and it runs
very well. I also run Flash CS4 in an XP VM I made from an image of a
defunct XP box so the cost of an XP license is moot also - who can't get
their hands on an old XP box when they need one? Many of these so-and-so
isn't available for linux arguments are actually nonsense.

Now OSX software is different, if you had mentioned Final Cut Pro or
Logic Pro Audio you may have had a point.

Roger

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk