[Gllug] VMWare player Re: Forward of moderated message

Martyn Drake martyn at drake.org.uk
Sat Aug 27 17:36:56 UTC 2011

On 27 August 2011 14:38, Andrew Black <andrew-lists09 at mail.black1.org.uk> wrote:

> VMWare player is free for non commercial use but (from my recollection)
> needs a paid license for commercial use. IANAL so I won't venture to
> discuss what is commercial use.

Now, yes - but I honestly can't remember what the license granted back
at the time (we're talking a good four years now IIRC) - certainly
didn't have anywhere near as many features as it has now and looking
at the Player page suggests it's squarely at consumers.  Back at the
time we started using it, that was not the case.

Either way: not my problem any more.

Martyn
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk