[Gllug] Forward of moderated message

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Fri Aug 26 09:50:39 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 10:32:01AM +0100, Tethys wrote:

> [1] I have to wonder how much of that is due to learned behaviour,
>     rather than the intuitiveness of the interface, though. Because
>     I didn't come to GIMP having been familiar with Photoshop, I
>     had nothing to unlearn.

+1

Familiarity is very important. Why do you think that MS has huge educational discounts ?
Get people young and they will want to stick with it.

In a similar way I find MS hard to use - on the rare occasions that I have to. Simply
because I am used to the *nix way of doing things and so that makes MS much harder for me.

I wonder: do I hate Gnome 3 because it is different or because it is really broken ?
I still have not worked out how to get multiple virtual desktops with it.

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk