[Gllug] Anyone tried toner refill

Richard W.M. Jones rich at annexia.org
Sat Aug 27 08:07:19 UTC 2011

I got a "new" old HP LJ 5M printer, based on a recommendation from
GLLUGers several years ago[1].

But also I have acquired a Lexmark C522N colour laser printer from a
company I used to work for.  It seems to work but at least two of the
toner cartridges are empty, and sites online want up to 300 quid(!!!)
for a new set of toner cartridges.  Since I don't really need the
Lexmark I don't want to spend lots of money on this.

Has anyone tried these extremely dodgy looking toner refill products?
eg: picked at random from Google Ads and not necessarily recommended
refilltoner.com who have something for melting a hole into the toner
cartridge before pouring in toner.

Rich.

[1] http://lists.gllug.org.uk/pipermail/gllug/2005-September/054576.html

--