[Gllug] Thinkpad RAM

David L Neil GLLUG at GetAroundToIt.co.uk
Fri Dec 30 21:37:56 UTC 2011

> According to the following URL on the Lenevo site, it's a 32 bit Windows
> limitation only.
> http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-7-Knowledge-Base/Maximum-memory-8GB-for-T61-upgraded-to-WIN-7-64bit/ta-p/323043

Sadly, reality intervenes. This from Kingston's support:
(the above linked to a Kingston web page reference)
<<<
Dear David,

Thank you for your interest in Kingston Technology.

The 4GB memory module has been discontinued due to lack of components.
We are unable to manufacture these any longer.

Currently the maximum memory capacity of your system is 4GB.

Please find below the link from our web site regarding specific
information on the system that you referenced.

http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/search/Default.aspx?DeviceType=3&Mfr=LEN&Line=ThinkPad&Model=39011

NB above reference is Kingston's *US* web site.

Other suppliers may still be in the game. Otherwise we're relying upon
old inventory or 'recyclers'...

--
Regards,
=dn