[Gllug] how reliable is netcraft?

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Mon Dec 5 12:39:02 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-12-05 at 12:02 +0000, Simon Wilcox wrote:
> I'd also second what Shannon said, as a hiring manager I don't want to
> be told what we're doing wrong, unless I specifically ask. We probably
> have a pretty good idea ourselves and you don't know the reasons why
> it's an old version.

A useful caveat to this is that as a candidate you should always
remember that you are interviewing the company as much as they you and
if you can see that something they are doing is giving rise to a
significant risk - ie if the version of the CMS they are running is
known to be vulnerable to security bugs - how they react to you
mentioning it may be a good indicator.

Of course you need to determine first whether it would be appropriate to
do so. An interview with someone who is not part of the team
specifically managing the website would not be the right place to do so.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk