[Gllug] how reliable is netcraft?

Shannon Carver shannon.carver at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 11:44:41 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm a long time lurker, and ever so occasional poster, but this one caught
my eye.  I know from my experience with external meetings and hosting
interviews that a candidate bringing up something like this usually doesn't
go down very well at all, especially if its under researched and/or quoted
from somewhere like Netcraft.  I'd firstly make absolutely sure the
information was correct, and secondly gauge the mood/manor of the
interviewers, last thing you want to do is throw away a potential job
because you come off as cocky.

I'm of the opinion that a job interview should be about proving your
ability and winning the job, not pointing out (potentially insignificant)
faults in the employers current process.  Other's may not share my opinion
though!

Cheers

Shannon