[Gllug] [OT] Sound processing.

dave.lambley at gmail.com dave.lambley at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 19:09:05 UTC 2011

A finite impulse response (
FIR) filter is what you want to apply to the audio. To implement one you store the last n samples, multiply each by a particular coefficient and sum the result to produce the output sample.

So far so straight forward. The hard part is calculating the coefficients, though recipes for common filters can probably be found in the right textbook. Generating them from a 3D model is beyond what I know, but one thing you can do is measure a real life object (such as a cathedral) and simulate the acoustic behaviour of that digitally.

Dave
Sent using from a tiny keypad.