[Gllug] Linux laptops

Richard W.M. Jones rich at annexia.org
Tue Dec 6 14:40:31 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 09:37:52PM +0000, John G Walker wrote:
> My years-old Thinkpad has died on me, so I need a new laptop. I only
> use the laptop for word-processing, spreadsheets and web browsing, so I
> don't need anything sophisticated.
>
> What are the current suggestions for laptops running Linux?

Running Fedora on this Lenovo Thinkpad T510W and lovin' it ...

Not only is the hardware 100% compatible with Linux, but it's an
incredibly solid laptop that has survived several drops from height,
and even a mild soaking.  Battery life is superb and it's very fast
(two cores x two threads, upgraded myself to 8GB of RAM).

Rich.

--
Richard Jones
Red Hat