[Gllug] Bits of virtualisation

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Dec 30 23:20:11 UTC 2011

On 29 Dec 2011, James Courtier-Dutton stated:

> On Dec 29, 2011 8:52 AM, "Richard W.M. Jones" <rich at annexia.org> wrote:
>>

>> 64 bit.
> I agree with 64 bit. Much better for if you want to run virtual machines.
>>
>> Put Fedora 16 on the host.  Red Hat has the largest team working on
>> server virtualization and KVM.
>>
> Yes, i would recommend using KVM instead of virtualbox.

Um, David said that the course was distributing stuff as VirtualBox disk
images. Recommending KVM is... not terribly helpful in this case. (The
only courses that I know of that are distributed that way are some
Oracle University courses, but maybe a few other organizations do the
same thing.)

> Also be prepared to do a bit of work to get time accurate in the guest.

Both KVM and VirtualBox have made this a breeze long since.

--
NULL && (void)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk