[Gllug] question about python/perl

Bernard Peek bap at shrdlu.com
Thu Feb 24 11:49:04 UTC 2011

On 24/02/11 11:29, Imran Ghory wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 11:37 PM, Martin <mherda at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> My situation is as follows. My main job is not in IT. Linux is my hobby.
>> I'm also a freelance website designer. I'm ok when it comes to bash, started
>> learning php a few months ago. That's it when it comes to
> I'd recommend you concentrate on improving your PHP skills, there's
> more advantage to being good at one language than having a smattering
> of several, especially if your interest is in web development.
That depends. When I'm recruiting professional developers I look for
people who understand multiple different languages.

And for another opinion I recently had a conversation with a bunch of
very good multitalented developers. I asked them what their favourite
language was. More of them opted for Lisp than any other,

--
Bernard Peek
bap at shrdlu.com

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk