[Gllug] question about python/perl

James Hawtin oolon at ankh.org
Thu Feb 24 13:22:23 UTC 2011

> I don't know. I've never treated Java as a viable option. In the past I
> tried C and Lisp but
> gave up quickly due to lack of time and no actual need for using them.
> Yeah, I guess a more
> practical/pragmatic solution would be to learn Java.

Personally I do not believe you can "learn" a programming language you need
a project, something you want to do, or something you are required to do and
then solve it using a language. Just reading a book and fiddling with a
language does not really give you the understand you need (like you found
with C).

James
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk