[Gllug] OpenChange and SOGo

Walter Stanish walter.stanish at saffrondigital.com
Tue Feb 1 19:34:45 UTC 2011

Honestly, my advice would be to get your company to fork the few bucks
for Google hosting and let the pain of hosting your own email
infrastructure, spam filtering, configuration, sync setup,
cross-platform setup instructions, proprietary protocols, etc. become
a dirty remnant of the past.  SMTP is so painful these days that it's
WORTH paying someone else to do it.  And with mobile access demands,
the cost of proprietary solutions that provide the critical fluff
("how can i book a conference room?") and calendaring support ...
basically google's offering is pretty hard to turn down.

Not that I've ever used the paid version .. but I would do so in a
SNAP vs. waste the time setting this stuff up manually again and being
forced to support it for a heterogenous mobile and desktop user base.

- Walter
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk