[Gllug] VACANCY: Junior Sysadmin/Helpdesk/1st-line support

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 11:40:09 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 9:40 AM, Gary Pownall <gary_pownall at hotmail.com> wrote:

> It's an employer's market these days, though I do agree that 12k for sysadmin is disgraceful!!

Perhaps so, but I feel we're being a bit harsh on James here. He's
complied with all of the GLLUG vacancy posting requirements, and
everyone's still having a go at him. If the salary is too low, feel
free to not apply for the job. If everyone else feels like you, the
company will notice the lack of applicants and may reconsider the
salary they're prepared to offer. If suitably qualified people do
apply, then the market will have proved their salary offer right.

Personally, I feel the salary is way too low for the desired level of
skill. But I'm not going to criticise them for offering it. Maybe
they'll get a great candidate who's happy to work for that amount of
money. And if they do, it's hard to see what they've done wrong.
They'll have got themselves a good deal.

Tet

--
"Any sufficiently advanced financial instrument is indistinguishable from fraud"
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk