[Gllug] Reasonable Salaries

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Feb 1 10:55:55 UTC 2011

Hi Guys,

As someone who believes in the apprenticeship model I'm trying to get my
$DayJob to hire graduate's interested in the sysadmin way of life and as
a professional career path.

So what would people consider a 'reasonable' salary, it need not be
market-leader compensation grades. Were looking for graduates with 65%
or better aggregate results in computer sciences / IT. Working in North
London. Initially it will only be regular work hours, after a few months
expanding into doing on-call 24/7 cover.

I dont like the word probation, but the terms of employment would be
along those lines. One year of the probationary setup leading upto a
permanent job and a XX % bump in salary. I honestly feel it would be
more like an apprenticeship leading upto them being able to sit through
a platform specific interview. Perhaps an RHCE at the end of the year ?
We might even throw in the costs for the exam's if that helps bring in
interest.

- KB
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk