[Gllug] Google's URLs

Walter Stanish walter.stanish at saffrondigital.com
Fri Jan 21 10:35:28 UTC 2011

> https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?service=blogger&continue=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.blogger.com%2Floginz%3Fd%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.blogger.com%252Fhome%26a%3DADD_SERVICE_FLAG&passive=true&alinsu=0&aplinsu=0&alwf=true&ltmpl=start&skipvpage=true&rm=false&showra=1&fpui=2&naui=8#s01
>
> Has anyone ever looked at them?
>
> Can someone please tell me what kind of system this relates to?

Google has a centralised authentication scheme.

Under this scheme, a 'login service' handles your authentication and
other google services (such as blogger, google search, etc.) use your
authentication with the 'login service' to personalise your experience
or provide access to the data associated with your account.

The URL you provided appears to be a login service URL that includes a
"continue" URL (ie: "once logged in, send the user's browser over here
to access the blogger service...") and a few other parameters.

... roughly speaking, anyway

- Walter
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk