[Gllug] Google's URLs

Alec Battles alec.battles at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 15:56:33 UTC 2011

>> https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?service=blogger&continue=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.blogger.com%2Floginz%3Fd%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.blogger.com%252Fhome%26a%3DADD_SERVICE_FLAG&passive=true&alinsu=0&aplinsu=0&alwf=true&ltmpl=start&skipvpage=true&rm=false&showra=1&fpui=2&naui=8#s01
>>
>> Has anyone ever looked at them?
>>
>> Can someone please tell me what kind of system this relates to?
>
> Google has a centralised authentication scheme.
>
> Under this scheme, a 'login service' handles your authentication and
> other google services (such as blogger, google search, etc.) use your
> authentication with the 'login service' to personalise your experience
> or provide access to the data associated with your account.

Sorry, that was a bit of a vague, late night email.

I was referring to the system that parses them.

Some of the syntax in other ones I saw looked quite Pythonic. (Not the
one above, I'd had a bit of wine, sorry.)

Then again Python syntax has made its way into Go and Go is now being
used on Google's servers, so that's feasible.

--

𓆦
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk