[Gllug] Defining 'hidden' file types in nautilus ?

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Mon Jan 3 21:34:41 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 03, 2011 at 09:17:57PM +0000, Rob Crowther wrote:
> On 03/01/11 16:52, general_email at technicalbloke.com wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I was wondering if nautilus had any user configurable provision for not
> > displaying files based on their type/filename/extension.
>
> ls *.pyc >> .hidden

Think you meant echo, not ls.  You should quote the wildard, as in

  echo '*.pyc' >> .hidden

If you don't quote and you happen to have a file matching the wildcard
in the current working directory, you won't achieve quite the effect you
had intended.

--
Bruce

It is impolite to tell a man who is carrying you on his shoulders that
his head smells.