[Gllug] IPv6 allocation options

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue Jan 18 18:37:24 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, 18 Jan 2011, Mark Brier wrote:
>Can you please expand and explain for me (and others who are missing
>something here) ... how the .... "wikileaks / Amazon incident
>demonstrates this is a exceedingly fragile house of cards as far as
>freedom from political or corporate decisions is concerned" and how
>this has anything to do with ipv6 or using NAT over public addresses.

Whether or not you agree with Dan Berrange, you might try actually
reading his post. He points out that peer to peer applications don't
have a central point of failure and are difficult to do in a NATted
environment, and with IPV6 NAT might finally be a bad memory. The
connection is fairly obvious.

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk>
And now, a seemingly inexplicable shot of a passing train.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk