[Gllug] IPv6 allocation options

Mark Brier mark at brier.me.uk
Wed Jan 19 11:01:05 UTC 2011

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 18:37:24 +0000
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

> On Tuesday, 18 Jan 2011, Mark Brier wrote:
> >Can you please expand and explain for me (and others who are missing
> >something here) ... how the .... "wikileaks / Amazon incident
> >demonstrates this is a exceedingly fragile house of cards as far as
> >freedom from political or corporate decisions is concerned" and how
> >this has anything to do with ipv6 or using NAT over public addresses.
>
> Whether or not you agree with Dan Berrange, you might try actually
> reading his post. He points out that peer to peer applications don't
> have a central point of failure and are difficult to do in a NATted
> environment, and with IPV6 NAT might finally be a bad memory. The
> connection is fairly obvious.

Well EXCUSE ME for not being intelligent enough and asking for some
more info. Sheesh. I read his post ... twice. I just asked for more
explanation, which he kindly provided. (Thanks Dan)

What might be obvious to yourself with your level of understanding and
experience, may not be to others. If all this stuff was obvious to
everyone, then apart from the social aspect, what would be the point of
a LUG exactly?

MB
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk